Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Compare two XSLT transformation

In my previous blog I showed two methods for XSLT transformation. See for details Previous blog.
Today I would like to compare run time of  two methods.
Therefore  I created big xml with the same fields as I showed in my previous blog
and XSL stays the same. I created method that uses "transformnode" approach and
method that uses "processor" approach.

Afterwords I created a method that will run 5  transformation at once and create a table
with the results. I colored in red the method which run faster.


As you see the process template is the quicker one. Please note that I did not measure CPU
execution time only time that took to do XML transformation.

You can play with the source and check yourself. All files can be downloaded from Download



No comments:

Post a Comment